Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Present Is A Gift

Today I decided to take my art to the next level. I'm opening up my mind to the possibility of many different facets of craft and it has my mind buzzing with excitement. It all started when I decided to start a group called "Creative Outlets" for my friends and I.

The objective is to get together with the people I love and make stuff. To share ideas and different facets of art while encouraging each other to remain creative. The first meeting was two weeks ago tomorrow - and tomorrow is the second. We got together and made decoupaged magnets out of half glass marbles. Everything we used was recycled or purchased from ETSY, so it was something we had a lot of fun doing and were very productive at and also something we could feel good about. The flat marbles were left over from the decorations from my wedding that I had no idea what to do with until I thought to make magnets. I've had SO much fun with that since! The possibilities are endless, and I'm getting some great ideas.

I'm very much looking forward to tomorrow's meeting. It's looking like it's going to be a good one as a lot of my favorite people are coming. We are planning on decoupaging different items and discussing future plans for the group. I think it is a good idea to pick and schedule the projects that we are interested in doing so that we can all better prepare. I've been poking around the Internet for hours looking at different projects to do. I found a lot of good ones on Martha Stewart's site and there are a few I can't WAIT to try!

It'll have to wait....but I'll be dreaming about it!

No comments: